[FFmpeg-devel] patch for x32 for libpostproc

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Sep 5 20:09:52 CEST 2014

L'octidi 18 fructidor, an CCXXII, wm4 a écrit :
> And in general, it's a good idea to move optional libraries out of
> ffmpeg.git. (In fact, ffmpeg.git should be split into several git
> repos, one for each lib.)

That is a terrible idea. We already have too many difficulties maintaining
binaries compatibility between libraries hosted within a single source tree
(look at the number of avpriv functions in the source), splitting the source
would worsen that exponentially. And that causes users problems too,
especially when they have to deal with systems with braindead linking
mechanisms (android, I am looking at you).

The only reasonable way to go is on the contrary to merge the libraries.

(I have started working on that that summer, but I need to read
documentation on symbols versioning to get it working in a compatible way.)

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George