[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] xcbgrab: XCB-based screen capture

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Oct 28 12:48:43 CET 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:05:29AM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le sextidi 6 brumaire, an CCXXIII, compn a écrit :
> > so its name is changed in the makefile, but not the device name?
[...]
> Therefore, I think it is logical to have both devices called "x11grab", i.e.
> "grab from an X11 server".
>
> The same goes whenever there are several feature-equivalent implementations
> for the same thing: you do not have both httpopenssl:// and httpgnutls://,
> you just have https:// using one of the library internally.

this makes it impossible to switch between them without recompiling
though

for development and testing it may be usefull to enable both though

one example are fate clients, which if these parts are mutually
exclusive potentially wont compile test both or if they can be
enabled at build time one wouldnt be able to select which to use at
runtime as their names equal

we maybe should introduce in addition to the default https & x11grab
a x11grab_xcb and x11grab_x11 or something like that

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch