[FFmpeg-devel] Finding residuals in h264 decoding in ffmpeg

Norbert Schmitt norbert.schmitt at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Oct 21 13:11:39 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to understand how the H.264 Decoder in ffmpeg works and
saving data (Macroblock types and motion vectors for example) from the
decoding of a H.264 video. I also want to save the residuals for each
frame but I cant seem to find them. There is something I am missing.
It goes directly from CABAC/CAVLC decoding to pre-loop-filter values
as far as I understand it. I already looked in the H264Context struct
because most of the other information I want can be found there. If
the residuals or the prediction values are stored in a H264Context
struct I cannot find out which variable or pointer referes to them.

Can someone please point me in the right direction where the residuals
and or the predicted values for each frame are stored?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards
Norbert Schmitt