[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] remove libraries documentation from doc page

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:23:23 CEST 2014

On date Friday 2014-10-03 09:37:02 -0400, compn wrote:
> hello
>
> on the docs page http://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html
>
> what good are these documentations?
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavutil.html
> http://ffmpeg.org/libswresample.html
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavcodec.html
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavformat.html
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavdevice.html
> http://ffmpeg.org/libavfilter.html
>
> i propose to remove them from the doc page.

The idea was to have some library documentation, so that it is clear
that the libraries can be used independently from the tools. I see
that the current pages are not very informative since at the moment
they are more stubs with links to the relevant components, so we may
find some way to expand them.

The question is, why do they bother you?