[FFmpeg-devel] HAP QuickTime codec support

bzk0711 at aol.com bzk0711 at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 18:47:53 CET 2014

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:56:11 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>  <bzk0711 <at> aol.com> writes:
>
> > is there any (planned) support for the Hap
> > video codec in ffmpeg?
>
> Could you elaborate a little on the use-case?
> I am curious what hardware does not allow to
> playback the usual codecs but allows SSD
> upgrades.

We need Hap encoded videos to use them with a video compositing / VJing
software on MacOS, Modul8 (http://www.modul8.ch/). When using lots of
video sources in parallel, the SSD optimizations really pay off and we
are able to process much more content smoothly at once. There are
transcoders for MacOS, so i don't critically depend on having it
available. But since I do not own any Apple system myself it would be
great if I could do the video encoding on Linux.

Regarding developing this myself, I would be really interested, however
I have a pretty tight time schedule at the moment due to my master's
thesis.

Best regards
--
Patric Schmitz <bzk0711 at aol.com>