[FFmpeg-devel] FFserver bug?

Lukasz Marek lukasz.m.luki2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:07:14 CET 2014

On 31.10.2014 03:19, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 02:14:29AM +0100, Sevan Gelici wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Two days ago i updated my linux system and also ffmpeg was updated. When i
>> started to stream it was not working anymore. I am using ffserver. i
>> determined the problem which causes the problem thats the bitrate it makes
>> like 50mb of it. i reinstalled the system a couple times because of some
>> tests and still i don't get it work. Can someone help me with this pls.
>
> do you know which commit / revission has caused the regression ?

I wanted to learn git bisect and checked it.

Last working rev is f478e8500a3d1fb0c6014956de42d87e292b9e3b

The issue is present at next merge commit:
9b7cb02319b65596b5ef106a830fd813248fb580
but it segfaults. It can be fixed by cherry-picking:
24a324855cbdb8d1be3ac2cc5e22d007c38d7c8d

Maybe worth to mention I recently created function to dump
AvCodecContext, to test if ffm is transmitting context properly. And
strange thing I noticed ffm demuxer's read_header callback is called
only once, even though there are 2 streams. I haven't investigate it
further yet, but it smells like a bug in ffmpeg tool.

BTW, during bisecting sometimes I landed in libav's tree (when merged
commit was tested) Some one know how to avoid that?