[FFmpeg-devel] Anyone needs HW or other things that require money, please open a ticket on trac

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue May 13 20:14:54 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 06:05:31PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Christophe Gisquet <christophe.gisquet <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I added only one:
> > https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3635#ticket
>
> Do you really believe that adding a SSE-only
> fate target helps a user? I have such hardware
> and it is probably not very difficult to get it,
> but we neither have arm64 nor qnx targets (and

> both *are* used) and I am not convinced we
> cover Android (not even to some degree afaict).

we have a "build only" android target but a real one with real hw
that runs all the tests would be much better and very welcome
this is more a issue of maintaince than money for hw though,
android devices are reasonable cheap

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact