[FFmpeg-devel] duplicate symbols and DECLARE_ASM_CONST

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Fri May 9 07:19:35 CEST 2014

On 9 May 2014 11:18, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think the use of DECLARE_ASM_CONST in libmpcodecs for dither breaks
> suncc
>
> http://fate.ffmpeg.org/log.cgi?time=20140509002240&log=compile&slot=x86-opensolaris-suncc5.10

It appears that the definition of DECLARE_ASM_CONST for suncc (declared
mem.h line=44) doesn't include a static like all other definitions. I don't
have suncc myself so I don't know why it would be declared without the
static but because it is then the declarations of dither in vf_fspp.c,
vf_pp7, vf_uspp are given global visibility instead of local and hence
causing errors.

Adding the static should fix this. Im not sure why suncc doesn't have the
static already in its DECLARE_ASM_CONST but given that for instance dither
is declared in vf_owdenoise.c with an explicit static
through DECLARE_ALIGNED(8, static const uint8_t, dither) and this doesn't
generate an error with suncc (at least you haven't mentioned one) so ill
assume that its safe to do here as well.