[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:27:55 CET 2014

> From a quick look, the configure change(s) seems incorrect

(did you test with gcc?), the new constants you add
> (inline_asm_*) have to be added to the HAVE_LIST.

Yes they were all tested with gcc. And all the inline_asm_* *are* added to
the HAVE_LIST. Pretty much the first change in each patch is to add to the
HAVE_LIST. (Although from looking at some of the line numbers they might
have changed a bit with some of the recent patches to master but hopefully
still applies anyway). So in tests both gcc and icl generate the expected
config values (which are always the direct opposite of each other) and all
values are correctly exported to the config.h and compilation completes
exactly as expected.

And I don't think the inline_asm_direct_symbol_refs test
> can work: You need to MANGLE() the symbol "test".

In code i would agree but im not sure how I can use MANGLE given that it is
not defined within the configure script (given its a macro in
libavutil/asm.h and all). Also as the test just does a compilation pass to
see if direct symbols are allowed so it doesnt then do any linking so the
name mangling should never be an issue.