[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Fix aic on PPC

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jun 14 18:34:18 CEST 2014

Christophe Gisquet <christophe.gisquet <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Attached patch fixes aic output on Altivec.

This was missing the word "visually".

> Michael already commited a similar fix

No, sorry.
This patch doesn't care at all about fate,
Michael's patch was only fate-related.

> but for fate only:
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=d77815ee

See:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.cvs/78589/focus=78591

> Indeed, the codec is intra iirc, so there is no
> drift in using a somewhat mismatching idct
> depending on the arch.

I didn't think about this, thank you.

> On the other hand, I'm not sure what things of
> value could be lost to enforce this at the
> decoder-level like your patch does.

Do I understand correctly that you believe it is
better to compile in a completely unusable way
than in a way that we assumne is not bit-exact?

Carl Eugen