[FFmpeg-devel] 100m acceptable input?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Jun 4 01:22:40 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 04:45:54PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
[...]

> 2.
>
> ffmpeg -f dshow -rtbufsize 100m -i video=XXX
>
> This actually sets the rtbufsize to *0* which cannot be expected.
>  Suggestion/feature request: warn when they enter something less than 0
> this way.
>
> I'd be happy to do a patch for number 2 here, if it had a chance of being
> accepted.

yes,
i guess, disallow 0 then it will fail or detect the case of such
simple constants that reach 0 by loss of precission in the AVOption
code and print a warning there

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable