[FFmpeg-devel] new webpage design patches

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Sun Jul 20 04:16:42 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014, at 12:10 AM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
>  - should we restore the hall of shame page, or maybe simply add a
>    "Violations" linking to a specific query in our trac?

I prefer a link to the trac violations. Or no link at all for less
clutter. At least one or two responsible authors who gave a shit, or who
made honest mistakes, have found their ticket in trac and cleared things
up, IIRC.

No dedicated shame page is needed. It's a maintenance burden. It is
ignored by general users. Its effectiveness is debatable. It makes the
project look whiney.

>  - I suggested "ffmpeg -i input.mp4 output.avi" for the discover command,
>    but given how low the bitrate is by default, it's probably a bad idea,
>    any suggestion?

How about "ffmpeg -i input.avi output.mp4" or mkv? Most builds likely
support H.264 video encoding, the defaults are sane, and I'd expect more
users to want mp4 over avi. Or we can always change the old school
defaults to something better (I don't know what to though).

Thanks for your work on the site stuff.

Lou