[FFmpeg-devel] x11-grab error : Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Jul 15 16:28:43 CEST 2014

Le septidi 27 messidor, an CCXXII, Li Hui a écrit :
> I fork from 2a9b4c0 to add customize codec.

If you need help, you should try to use pristine Git, especially if it is
not obvious to reproduce.

> I use this command vncserver -geometry 1280x720 -depth 32 to get DISPLAY :5.

Reproduced, analyzed and patch on the mailing-list.

You can avoid the segfault using "-draw_mouse 0". But that will not make it
usable for you: the VNC X11 server has a strange use of 32-bits color depths
(11+11+10 bits for RGB while the most common is 8 bits per component plus 8
unused bits for alignment), that will result in completely wrong colors or,
with my patches, an explicit error.

> On Jul 15, 2014, at 5:12 PM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

Please remember not to top-post on the ffmpeg mailing-lists; if you do not
know what it means, look it up.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George