[FFmpeg-devel] Question about frame->pts, outlink->time_base, and outlink->frame_rate

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 00:09:23 CET 2014

2014-01-29 Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins at yahoo.com>:
> Pardon me, but I don't know what that sentence means. If I wanted to access it in, perhaps in my filter_init function, how would I set it? I can't find any path there following pointers of the various structs I can access from AVFilterContext.

Pardon me too, but i've re-read your initial posting three times and
didn't get the point of your timestamp operations.
Do you want frames to be played back 8 times slower? Or do you just
slightly change timestamps to modify a bit a time interval between
particular frames?
If you are unsatisfied with 1/1000 time_base in output file, then
which timebase is appropriate for you? Which media container type do
you use, and are you able to use another if it fits better?

--
Andrey Utkin