[FFmpeg-devel] Build ffmpeg with opencl for windows using mingw

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 19:37:29 CET 2014

On 28.01.2014, at 15:50, Lukasz M <lukasz.m.luki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 January 2014 15:27, Ramit Bhalla <ramitbhalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> I'm trying to build ffmpeg with opencl support for windows and am
>> running into trouble. Before trying to fix the issue I wanted to understand
>> (not able to get a clear picture after googling this):
>>>
>>> 1. Can ffmpeg be built for Windows with opencl support?
>>> 2. Are the libraries/header files required for building dependent on the
>> vendor? (e.g. if I use a Intel SDK to build, will it work with AMD or
>> Nvidia systems or are there vendor independent libraries/headers available?)
>>> 3. Where can I get the libraries/headers required to build opencl
>> support (I'm adding --enable-opencl to the build flags)
>>>

>> Did I send this to the right mailing list?
>>

> Probably not,

More specifically, this
a) seems to belong rather on ffmpeg-users since it's not really related to doing code changes but more importantly
b) your questions do not really have anything to do with FFmpeg specifically, at most with OpenCL and really with OpenCL on Windows. The probability of someone on this list (where most are using Linux I believe) knowing anything about this is basically 0.