[FFmpeg-devel] Sponsoring and generating money in general (IRC meeting follow-up)

Fred Rothganger frothga at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 22 17:55:16 CET 2014

On 01/21/2014 12:14 PM, Peter B. wrote:
> I've seen good effects when the bounty system said something like
> this: "Thanks for your support! You can enter any amount you deem
> appropriate or are able to give. If you're unsure, then it might be
> interesting to know that most other users paid around xx USD" Did you
> mean something like this?

Yes, that's the general notion. Perhaps something even more verbose that
explains that one should not feel obligated to offer the full amount
that the task deserves, because others may also contribute to it.

I also like the idea of putting an hour estimate on each task. That is
more helpful than "most other users paid around ...". Hours are a
universal currency in a way that USD are not.