[FFmpeg-devel] BUG in use of extradata and extradata_size with dvb subtitles and teletext

Andriy Lysnevych andriy.lysnevych at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 22:08:59 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 04:15:48PM +0200, Andriy Lysnevych wrote:

>> > ...and with the style nit eventually.
>>
>> Don't know exactly what "style nit" is, but I did few coding style changes.
>> If "style nit" still exists please give more details so I can fix it.
>>

> style nitpicks, not exactly important, but appreciated if you honor them.
> You didn't honor the small comments in
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-January/152961.html

I included the nitpicks, updated patch is attached.

> But really, that's not important, I've made the changes locally and will
> redo if necessary before pushing.
>
>> The patch fixes ticket #2024 partly because it addresses two different problems:
>>
>> 1) First two samples end with "av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid
>> argument". This problem is not fixed.
>
>> 2) Last one: "Remuxing only the subtitles work, but the resulting file
>> shows no subtitles". This one is fixed.
>>

> After testing, it does indeed fix transcoding, but it doesn't fix
> remuxing. For instance, this makes a valid output:
>
>   ffmpeg -i Starship_Troopers.vob -map 0 -c copy -c:s dvbsub out.ts
>
> but this doesn't:
>
>   ffmpeg -i Starship_Troopers.vob -map 0 -c copy out.ts
>
> Can you confirm this?

Starship_Troopers.vob most likely contains DVD subtitles (dvdsub). TS stream
should contain DVB subtitles (dvbsub). That is why first command that transcodes
dvdsub to dvbsub is correct but second command without transcoding is not.
Please correct me if I am wrong.