[FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 20:09:02 CET 2014

> The unacceptable behaviour here as well as on trac comes from yourself in
> showing everyone that you're able to write down the abusive words you know of.
> I'm sure everyone can understand your arguments about that ticket much better
> after reading them.

I agree I have a tendency to swear, but this is build up from years of
dealing with Carl's nonsense, hypocrisy,
and rudeness. It didn't just happen. And, it doesn't make my points
any less valid.

- Silently closing bugs without explanation.
- Harassing contributors to follow developer guidelines while he does
not do so himself.
- Closing bugs before EVEN TESTING them. (His own words: "When I
closed this ticket,
  I had not yet done a complete analysis and I was not 100% sure if it
is really a duplicate.")
- Asking for "info" in a rote, telemarketer-type manner on every bug,
even where it is 100% useless,
  and closing them. ("full uncut output")

Among others.

I assure you I am not alone in feeling this way.

- Derek