[FFmpeg-devel] default lock mechanism in libavcodec/utils.c

anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:39:15 CET 2014

On 02/19/2014 04:46 PM, wm4 wrote:
> This will lead to horrible stuff like library A trying to "unload"
> libavcodec, while library B is still using it. You can't generally use
> this function correctly.
How does that happen "when lib A is loading and lib B is unloading"

What I understand is follow:
libavcodec  has been dynamically loaded by libA and libB
both does not know whether libA or libB  is using libavcodec
and if libA change some static parameter of libavcodec then libB will
also see the effect.

Something I have documented that this is dangerous(unsafe) function if
it is called when you dont know
whether any thing is using libavcodec.

Thanks
Anshul