[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 07:40:50 CET 2014

OK, so I have done a complete rebase so the patches should apply fine. The
only issues where changes to configure that were added to master after my
patches were written. So I should point out that as several of these
patches modify configure then applying them in the wrong order will cause
merge conflicts.

That aside here are the 6 patches again.

Patch 1: add missing external declarations (unmodified from previous)

Patch 2: Add nonlocal inline asm label check (unmodified from previous
except for rebase)

Patch 3: Asm direct symbol reference check and support (rebased with minor
addition to yuv2rgb_template.c that fixes previous Patch 5 issue)

Patch 4: Workaround for "register allocation failed" errors found in intel
compiler  (unmodified from previous)

Patch 5: Fixed 64bit conformance with movzbl. Fixes "Unsupported
instruction form in asm instruction movzbl" found in intel compiler. (only
contains first half of previous patch5). The previous patch 5 had a
workaround for missing declarations in MMX and MMXEXT mode, these
declarations are only needed in MMXEXT anyway so they have been handled
more elegantly directly in the new Patch3 so the old fixes are no longer
needed. Thanks to Carl for pointing out the error.

Patch 6: Fix for missing cdq mnemonic support (unmodified from previous
except for rebase)