[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: icl linker errors in cmdutils

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Feb 8 10:32:00 CET 2014

Matt Oliver <protogonoi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> im running a custom build chain that runs portions of
> configure but interprits it and runs it through a
> native Visual Studio build environment.

Could you please run all your tests with configure (and make)?
Maybe this also makes "patch 5" unneeded...

> Hence having /Qipo issues as that is automatically
> enabled under standard Visual Studio release builds
> but is not as standard enabled when running from a
> MSYS/Cygwin command line environment.

Please remember that both Derek and I tested with ipo
and with Intel 14.0 (I tested on Linux).

> As such /Qipo would be an additional option that would
> have to be passed to configure (cant remember if it
> should be passed with the /Q bit or not).

Please do that and please tell us about the errors you get!

> If this is considered non-standard behaviour that wont
> be supported then fine ill just keep the fix in my local
> repository.

On the contrary, we would like to support ipo but we
believe that we already support it without any changes to
the current code base.
If we are wrong, please tell us how we can reproduce it!

Carl Eugen