[FFmpeg-devel] Parallelization of FFmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 26 14:12:48 CET 2014

Dtison.net <systemadmin <at> dtison.net> writes:

> If anything comes to mind - someone make a
> suggestion and I'll take a look at it.

The vc1 decoder could need frame parallelization.
That being said, what normally happens is that
you decide on which part of FFmpeg you would
like to work on and start sending patches. In
theory, this can lead to duplicated work but in
reality this does not happen very often afaict.

(And I suspect parallelization of vc1 is not
an easy task.)

Thank you for any contribution!

Carl Eugen