[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Aug 21 02:59:41 CEST 2014

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:58:07 +0200
Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you trully want to mend ways, then you and your fellow FFmpeg
> > developers should stop this constant spreading of lies, this
> > defamation campaing against libav and its developers that has
> > been going on for the last 3 and a half years and show at least
> > the minimum respect you would show to a stranger you meet on the
> > street. Until you do this, i see very little chance for a healthy
> > cooperation.
>
> Please refrain from claiming other people are spreading lies,
> especially with no specific references (and this is not the place
> where to discuss such things).

Carl Eugen just recently (2014-06-22) wrote on ffmpeg-devel:
"Sean supports the thieves [...]"
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/179271)

Do i need to say more?

I guess i speak in the name of everyone related to libav, that
we would not mind if you kept saying that ffmpeg is better, faster,
has more features, etc. That could be at least discussed on a
technical, neutral level. What we mind are comments like that above,
targeted solely at insulting and slander individuals.
And as we can see from what Joe Neal wrote, the often repeated lie
becomes truth soon enough.

> Then you should be aware
> that the way the Libav fork was created was hostile towards FFmpeg

Actually, no. The whole thing started as getting Michael off his throne
and to stop him screwing the whole project. It was not ment to be
a fork.

			Attila Kinali

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous