[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Sat Aug 9 20:35:57 CEST 2014

On 9 August 2014 19:25, Andreas Cadhalpun
<andreas.cadhalpun at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I can understand that statically linking is easier from an upstream point of
> view, but it has important disadvantages for a distribution such as Debian
> and thus should be avoided if possible.
> It is also the responsibility of a distribution to make sure that there are
> no ABI mismatches or similar problems.

I'm not saying Debian should do that - just that it is sometimes
worthwhile for people like myself and mythtv to do so.

> Can you provide a commit/diff/link for reference?
> The way you describe it makes it appear as if these calculations are needed
> sometimes, but not always. If so, there should be away to teach libswscale
> to only do these calculations if they are necessary.

I hacked it in:
https://github.com/kierank/ffmpeg-obe/commit/5a354020872bec61bea6be7604ec8809af463021

I made it a bit cleaner later but still ugly overall.

Kieran