[FFmpeg-devel] How to disable building a new codec by default?

Ori Pessach mail at oripessach.com
Thu Apr 24 20:53:02 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm working on adding a new codec to libavcodec, and I'm running into a
problem with modifying the configure script.

I was able to add the necessary dependencies (i.e. an '--enable-codec' flag
etc.) but I can't get the new components to be off by default - I would
like to make the new codec optional, so it doesn't compile by default. Can
someone point me at the appropriate documentation on how to do it?

Thanks,

Ori Pessach