[FFmpeg-devel] vc1dsp: introduce cases for 8x8 and 16x16

Christophe Gisquet christophe.gisquet at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:16:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

I noticed the 16x16 partitions were actually using 4 calls to the 8x8 MC code.

This patch modifies the C, ARM and x86 code to introduce one set per block size.

The x86 code would benefit from being totally rewritten to follow
h264/vpx/rv40. But nowadays, vc1 is mostly decoded by dedicated
hardware so it's probably not worth the effort.

Note: I tried to at least unroll vertically the MMX code in the 16x16
case, but that somehow slowed the decoder to its original speed. I
didn't bother further because of the aforementioned reason.

Best regards,
--
Christophe