[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Enable OpenCL with Win32 threads

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:00:42 CEST 2014

> I don't know which version you used, but pthreads-w32 seems to work
> just fine for MSVC for me, I'm using it with VS2013 successfully, and
> ffmpeg didn't change a bit in speed when changing between it and
> native.

pthreads-w32 for me to, but I use it with icl. Claiming performance
difference on my part was probably a bit mean as FFmpeg only does some
basic thread creation and locking so its nowhere near complicated enough to
notice a real difference. I have used pthreads on other massively complex
threaded projects and had serious issues with it and once you scale up it
does slow things down. I know a few people who just wont touch it as a
result, hence why I decided to make a w32 alternative. I have nothing
against posix (it works great on linux) just on Windows I thought native
could be useful (and also remove a dependency).