[FFmpeg-devel] [HELP] How to regression-test hwaccel/VDPAU?

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:28:21 CEST 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:36:51 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Unfortunately the best solution I can think of is basically hacking
> in a special "pretend-VDPAU" into ffmpeg.c.

Why not create a test program that decodes video with vdpau, then reads
the resulting video frame, and writes it to stdout? I don't think it
can be avoided to test this on real hardware.

Putting it into ffmpeg.c sounds pretty evil, though.

Ideally you could add a filter to lavfi that converts vdpau surfaces to
software surfaces, but I think this would require nasty hacks due to
how the hwaccel architecture works.