[FFmpeg-devel] [HELP] How to regression-test hwaccel/VDPAU?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 17 20:36:51 CEST 2013

Hello,
There currently is no way I know of that would allow using FFmpeg to
compare the output of the old and new VDPAU decoders or in general
regression-test hwaccel code, doubly so when the corresponding
hardware is not available.
Unfortunately the best solution I can think of is basically hacking
in a special "pretend-VDPAU" into ffmpeg.c.
That seems quite ugly and probably won't even be able to make use
of e.g. the framecrc demuxer for easy reference data generation.
Have any of you ever thought about this? Or do you have any ideas?
If not, do you think such a hack would be acceptable?

Regards,
Reimar