[FFmpeg-devel] h.265 decoding support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Sep 3 19:51:11 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:58:03AM +0200, Dirk Farin wrote:
> 2013/9/2 compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com>

> > >Another native decoder doesn't make much sense. An external library might
> > >be useful in some cases, but personally i would delay inclusion until it
> > >can at least decode the conformance samples.
> >
> > as long as its not much work to support the external lib,
> > its a great idea to have multiple implementations to test files with.
> >
> > i have no opinion on committing now or after it supports more samples.
> >

> Sure, doing A does not mean you cannot do B anymore. This is just an
> offer to give you one more option. Adding it is almost trivial and
> non-intrusive,
> but it's your decision whether this gives you any benefit. OpenHEVC sure
> did great work and the implementation is rather similar as I can see.

When your decoder is more feature complete iam happy to apply a patch
adding support for it
but before iam not sure about applying it

> Anyways, you may want to cherry-pick the h265 raw format testing code
> for libavformat, which is non-existent in the OpenHEVC code so far.

ok, cherry picked

btw, you might want to post a patch that adds your git repo to the
list of repos on https://ffmpeg.org/download.html
(see git://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-web)

Thanks

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle