[FFmpeg-devel] Yadif relicensing to LGPL

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 07:27:23 CET 2013

On 28.10.2013, at 22:17, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:
>> I don't know if you believe me but this is not the result of me trying
>> to take the easy route.
>
> What stops the sponsoring companies from backing out as soon as they
> have LGPL code?
> They can do so perfectly legally.

First: I don't think so. An agreement is an agreement and counts as a contract, even if it is not on paper and signed.
That said, I don't know what kind of companies those are, but there aren't many that would risk becoming publicly known for not paying what was agreed in order to save a few thousand bucks.
Not claiming there is 0 "risk", there almost never is, but still.
Either way, I at least am happy to leave the practical aspects of how to get the money to those who will receive any.