[FFmpeg-devel] Possible bug with FF_API_CODEC_ID

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:35:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I suspect there may be a bug in libavcodec/version.h:

#define FF_API_CODEC_ID          (LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_MAJOR < 56)

If I am correct that this define should indicate that CodecID should be
used (as opposed to AVCodecID), then the correct value should be either:

#define FF_API_CODEC_ID          (LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_MAJOR < 55)

or:

#define FF_API_CODEC_ID          (LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_MAJOR < 54)

since the change was made in either version 55 or 54.

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of this macro or is it a bug ? If a bug,
what should the correct value be ?

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net