[FFmpeg-devel] attribute_deprecated int avpicture_deinterlace ??

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 15:37:16 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On date Friday 2013-11-29 08:30:51 -0500, Don Moir encoded:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefano Sabatini"
>> <stefasab at gmail.com>

A simple filtergraph just for deinterlacing is so trivial that I
wouldn't let this argument count for anything.
Especially now that lavfi uses AVFrame as well, the setup required to
use YADIF is trivial.

Any unwillingness to use yadif is therefor just silly.
As others pointed out, if the amount of filters is a problem for you,
just build it with less filters. I build lavfi with just scale and
yadif filters, and it works flawlessly.

I seriously hope there isn't any effort put into such demands of users
that are unwilling to use lavfi.

A more high-level API may make sense as a project for the future, but
should be designed very carefully and not only include lavc/lavfi, but
all the others as well.

- Hendrik