[FFmpeg-devel] [NUT-devel] NUT version bump

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed May 15 12:51:48 CEST 2013

Hi

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 01:02:24PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> While updating my notes I noticed we are using version 3 to generate
> something that does not contain the main_flags.

indeed

> (Yes somewhere I have patches to support BROADCAST_MODE and I'm thinking
> about introducing an unseekable PIPE_MODE dropping syncpoints completely)
>
> I suggest to hold either bump to 4 for the version exposing the
> main_flags and use version 5 for futher changes or lump together
> main_flags and frame specific data support.

I dont think a version bump is needed
The spec says the flags should be there and with version 3 which is
what we use currently
also nothing bad happens (with our demuxer) if we write the flags and
nut was designed to allow addition of new fields without version bumps

PS: sorry for my late reply i had missed the new mails on nut-devel
PS2: ill send a patch in a moment to add the missing main_flags field
to nutenc.c

Thanks

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."