[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] AAC encoder improvements

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon May 6 12:57:46 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 05:36:05PM -0300, Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> >> Can I have a look at the samples you've tried?
> >
> > see http://ffmpeg.org/~michael/psnr_loosing_audio/
> > i tried encoding at 64,128 and 256 kbps:
> > If someone has a link to a more standard and diverse set of
> > reference audio samples ...
> > also note above are just decoded mp3s not raw cd quality audio as
> > it should be, it was just intended as a quick check for the patch ...
>
> Lame's suit[0] is quite diverse. But I can't seem to reproduce the
> issue this hunk is trying to solve. It may have been some bug in an
> intermediate form of my other patches, that this hunk corrected, but
> is no longer needed. So perhaps it should be put on hold until/if I do
> reproduce it.

ok

> [0] http://lame.sourceforge.net/download/samples/

thanks

is there some (free) tool that can compare files with a better
method than psnr for audio? something psychoacustic ?

Such tool could help both you and me getting quick meassurement on
which way something is "better".

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"