[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter: invoking another filter from a filter

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Mar 23 11:25:30 CET 2013

Le septidi 27 ventôse, an CCXXI, Georg Martius a écrit :
> I need the sharpening because the frames are transformed and pixels are
> interpolated.
> The boxblur makes the motion detection easier. I have it implemented myself,
> but maybe the ffmpeg version is faster.

What happens if there is no boxblur before? And no sharpen after?

IMHO, unless a very good and simple solution is found soon, you could just
add in the docs that this filter works better if boxblur is inserted before
with such-and-such parameters and sharpen after with such-and-such
parameters.

Also, as a matter of curiosity, would it make sense to use the boxblurred
frame to detect movement but the original frame to compensate it?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George