[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg/ffprobe commandline option to av_log_set_callback ?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 19:41:19 CET 2013

For now I ended up working from the other end: my code creates its own named pipe with corresponding file HANDLE, and then spawns a background process that logs what it reads from the pipe. The file HANDLE is passed to my tweaked _popen() function that installs it as the stderr handle.

't was an interesting little exercise, who knows what that interface may still be useful for :)

BTW, for confirmation: if I use an std::string to accumulate partly received messages and then "reset" it by assigning an empty string (""), the old content is released, right?

R.