[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg/ffprobe commandline option to av_log_set_callback ?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Mar 20 14:28:29 CET 2013

Le decadi 30 ventôse, an CCXXI, "René J.V. Bertin" a écrit :
> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg/ffprobe commandline option to
>  av_log_set_callback ?

I do not think it is possible to specify a C function pointer as a string on
the command line.

> I have some code (which doesn't have an stderr) that invokes ffprobe and
> ffmpeg via popen(), reading identifying information from the former's
> stdout and piping content into the latter's stdin . This code does have
> the option do display a progress/

The -progress option of ffmpeg is designed exactly for that.

>				   log window, and I would be interested to
> have an option to configure ffmpeg and ffprobe to send their log messages
> there, too. On MS Windows, this would be as simple as sending a string to
> a NamedPipe.

The log output goes to the standard error stream, you can connect this
stream to any kind of file descriptor you want.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George