[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter: get name of input file/stream

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:35:31 CET 2013

On date Monday 2013-03-04 23:52:20 +0100, Georg Martius encoded:
> Hi,
>
> for implementing the filter for deshaking with vid.stab I need some hints. I
> will ask them in different threads.
>
> The filterering is a 2-phase process, so I want to write a file in the first
> phase and read in in the second.
>
> I would like to use the name of the input file if present. How can I access it
> from within my libavfilter?

You can access a file by reading it the usual way (see removelogo for
an example). On the other hand if you want to do a multi-pass
filtering this may be more difficult, since a filter is not supposed
to read a file that way (unless you want to duplicate the movie source
functionality in the filter, which I would reject).

So the question is: what do you exactly want to achieve? Note: asking
on IRC may be faster.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish Furious Mega Prodigious Everlasting God