[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] lavc: make invalid UTF-8 in subtitle output a non-fatal error
nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Jun 28 11:36:56 CEST 2013
Le decadi 10 messidor, an CCXXI, wm4 a écrit :
> In fact, that's what usually happens. I'm not sure how that is
> supposed to be better than just letting the subtitle decoder output
> data in an unknown codepage.
It is better because it upholds the guarantee to the application that the
output is in valid UTF-8.
It is better because that is the application that takes the responsibility
for the possibly wrong encoding and not the library.
> Render them on the screen.
Then you need (at some point, possibly in a library) to split the text into
individual characters, and for that you need them to be in a valid encoding.
> I did. You replied that I made assumptions that suit my point.
You did not provide a scenario, you provided only hints.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ffmpeg-devel