[FFmpeg-devel] avformat/flvdec.c discards metadata

Atli Thorbjornsson atlithorn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:12:29 CEST 2013

Hi all, flvdec.c discards all metadata packets with dts==0 except for
"onMetadata".

I think this is a mistake. It would be more sensible to use the return
value from flv_read_metabody to decide whether or not to skip.

I have a patch for this which does this and resets s->pb if
flv_read_metabody does not return 0 so that other metadata packets can be
dealt with ala FLV_STREAM_TYPE_DATA

I am not sure of the protocol here, should I post this to trac or do you
deal with this here?

Atli.