[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] lavf/tee per-output stream selection

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 22:05:42 CEST 2013

On date Thursday 2013-07-18 12:32:46 +0200, Nicolas George encoded:
> Le nonidi 29 messidor, an CCXXI, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
> > I need to be be able to send different streams to different tee
> > outputs- In other words I need to select which streams should be
> > routed to each tee output, while right now it is possible to specify
> > the streams just once, and they will be the same for every output.
>
> See the mail I just sent on the principle.

That said, assuming I would come with a patch to implement this, would
you accept to integrate it into master?

> > At some point it would be nice to make possible to select streams on
> > the base of their metadata (e.g. to select only streams in a certain
> > language) using stream selection, but I can devise a simple syntax,
> > not involving demonic escaping issues.
>

> For that, I suspect the really good solution would be to use a real
> scripting language to build filter graphs. And now, because of Clément,
> ffmpeg is linked with liblua anyway.

Stream selection would operate at the muxing level, when mapping the
input to the output (and thus it would be useful even when
stream-copying). How could be this implemented through filter
configuration, or in other words how would you use scripting to
implement stream selection/mapping?
--
FFmpeg = Fanciful and Funny Mystic Programmable Extended Gargoyle