[FFmpeg-devel] Microsoft Smoothstreaming - Need help

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 12:22:45 CEST 2013

On date Thursday 2013-07-18 17:34:27 +0200, Florent Tribouilloy encoded:
> Hello,
>
> I am making a demuxer for Smoothstreaming.
> Alexandre Sicard told about it before.
>
> So, I got some problems...
>
> 1) The Manifest used by server-client is in XML.
> I used the libexpat to solve it. I suppose there are some problem
> due to dependancy to add.
>
> 2) I did not find the way to have the video at the good speed.
> (I understood it was the function avpriv_set_pts_info() but I do not
> find the way to get the good parameters)
>
> 3) The adaptative bitrate is not made yet. (I choose one of the
> stream at the start and continue with it)
>
> 4) Some options of the Manifest are not managed yet.
>
> Anyway, I need help for the second point and have to know what you
> think about the XML part (use libexpat or not?)

About XML, I'm not againt it if we have no alternative solution (an
ffxml implementation seems overkill, while pseudo parsing would be
underkill). Make sure to document the requirement in the docs.
--
FFmpeg = Faithless Frenzy Minimal Peaceless Explosive Gymnast