[FFmpeg-devel] One pass volume normalization (ebur128)

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Sun Jul 14 17:20:27 CEST 2013

> If the next advert is prerecorded, you can apply separate loudness rules
> on it.

That's not possible for example when receiving a channel from a
satellite feed or even from an SDI feed.

>>R128 refers to programme loudness.
>
> I believe you. But aren't there loudness recommendations for live steams
> of popconcerts, the Bayreuther Festspiele or the like?

As far as I know this is the job of the mixing engineer using
traditional meters.

I really think this patch should not be committed since it has little
to do with R128, although a lot of commercial
manufacturers call their realtime products R128 compatible.
I also don't understand why you specifically need 1-pass when you
appear to have a file-based workflow.