[FFmpeg-devel] One pass volume normalization (ebur128)

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Jul 13 23:07:11 CEST 2013

Le quintidi 25 messidor, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
> Not really. If you look at the origional you will see that fixed, float
> and double are values for the precision.

I was indeed wrong on this point.

> Two of the three hardcoded values should be hardcoded. The -23 is part
> of the EBU R128 specs: http://tech.ebu.ch/loudness

Not all people want to implement EBU R128. And even if they do, with the
current infrastructure, using r128.I will not yield a global -23 dB loudness
and using the other variables will give audible distortion. Therefore, it is
not currently possible to comply with EBU R128 recommendations in single
pass.

> Not quite either. f_ebur128.c hardcodes the errorlevel to verbose if the
> metadata are set. You do not want to see the intermediate metadata if
> you do a 'one pass' transcoode. If needed you can always set the
> loglevel to view them.

This still do not belong in this patch.

Regards,

--