[FFmpeg-devel] Willing to join !

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 15:32:41 CET 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:57:43 +0100, Gaetan wrote:
>Hello
>
>In long story short, I know pretty much the mxf and mp4 containers, the
>h264 (embedding in mxf and mp4, AVC-Intra, Long GOP), AAC, DNxHD, ProRes
>codec. No, I won't be able to write one codec by myself (!!), but I think I
>might help for integrating these codec in the way they should be in the
>container (most of my job was checking for file conformance).

neat. ffmpeg has file conformance issues with some formats and codecs.

>I'm also very confortable with jenkins and buildbot and all these
>automation tools, I used to write test programs to automatize compatibility
>tests on rendered files againt the HEAD version of the code, daily and
>weekly tests, to check their conformance to the expected format (number of
>stream, codec configuration, parsing the stream to check for the expected
>packets to be here,...).

our projects motto is 'reinvent the wheel, twice.' so instead of
using something off the shelf like buildbot or jenkins, we created the
FATE suite.
http://fate.ffmpeg.org/
http://ffmpeg.org/fate.html

>and be able to provide relevant patches early. Which ticket do you think
>I'll be able to address easily?

easy - https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2099
does mp4 support these codecs?

not easy - https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2044