[FFmpeg-devel] Subtitle filters in libavfilter

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 31 15:10:49 CET 2013

Le decadi 10 pluviôse, an CCXXI, Chris Burel a écrit :
> Yes, I understand there's no subtitle support currently.  From my post a
> few years ago, it seemed like adding subtitle support to libavfilter would
> not be that much work.

I believe you are mistaken. There is a big problem to solve before
supporting subtitles in libavfilter: designing a data structure to represent
decoded text subtitles with styles. Currently, the data structure is a
string with ASS markup in it, including timestamps and various ASS-specific
fields, and this is horrible.

Clément is working on this, but he is away right now.

Also, handling sparse streams will require some design.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George