[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] build suffix for pkgconfig files

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 22:08:47 CET 2013

Hello all!  I'm trying to get ffmpeg 0.10.6 (i.e. what everything in the Fedora Core 17 repos depends on) to coexist with latest git (i.e. containing bug fixes I need, and what my mlt and kdenlive packages are built on top of now).  I was able to use the --progs-suffix and --build-suffix parameters to the configure script to get most of what I want, and now I have nice ffmpeg111 RPMs that install without conflicts alongside the repo's ffmpeg!

Enclosed is a patch (against the latest git version as of this e-mail) that fixes the generated pkgconfig files to have the build-suffix too, so that they don't conflict with other installed versions of ffmpeg.

I tried to apply the progs-suffix to the man-page filenames, but was unsuccessful.  Perhaps someone knows how to do that easily?  For now, I rename the installed files in my RPM .spec file.

Hope this patch is acceptable to you.  I was very happy when Carl Eugen fixed a nasty problem I was having with interlaced raw video, and wanted to contribute back in some way.

Steven Boswell