[FFmpeg-devel] donations

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:27:56 CET 2013

On 12/1/12, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

>> > do you know / have someone in mind who is trustworthy and would do
>> > that for us ?
>>
>> Maybe setup a 'dummy' paypal account for this purpose?
>
> I assume a paypal account has to be associated with a person or
> legal entity.
>
> The problem is that person will have to pay taxes for it.
> If iam not wrong on these above assumtations then we need someone
> or a company which is trustworthy, willing and able to setup and
> have such a (dummy) paypal account and able to transfer the money
> from there to SPI without a tax hit.

I could help if you need a "middleman" US legal entity (assuming you
trust me LOL).
If the money I receive is just donated to SPI then it appears (here in
the US) basically I count it as income, and then I count the donation
to SPI (of the same amount) as tax deductible, so it comes out a wash,
and I don't even need to report it (i.e. it was never real income).
-roger-