[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Merge ffserver-user into ffmpeg-user

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Thu Jan 24 20:20:13 CET 2013

I plan on merging ffserver-user into ffmpeg-user mailing list unless I
get any strong objections otherwise.

* Why should ffserver have its own ML? ffplay and ffprobe questions
  currently go to ffmpeg-user just fine.
* ffserver is basically unmaintained right now, AFAIK.
* One less ML for for me to maintain.

I'll make an [ANNOUNCE] on ffserver-user, disable new subscribers, and
then disable the list after some declared date in case people have
comments and questions. The ffserver-user list page will also have a
note telling users to ask in ffmpeg-user and I'll do something similar
to contact.html.

Lou